- Place a pan over high heat and let it get very hot.
- Place the steak on a chopping board and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the bouillon granules. Spread it over the surface of the steak.
- Lightly score the fat on the edges so that the steak doesn’t shrink while it is cooking and loses its shape.
- Sear on both sides until golden, without moving the pan.
- Lower heat to medium and add the rosemary, thyme, garlic and butter.
- Baste the steak in the juices for 3-4 minutes.
- When ready, transfer to a plate, cover with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Wipe down the pan, place it over high heat and let it get hot.
- Chop the zucchini into small pieces, coarsely chop the onions and separate the layers and cut the peppers into 3 large pieces.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add the vegetables.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and mix by shaking the pan and sauté.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Turn off heat and mix the vegetables for 1-2 minutes, until they caramelize nicely.
- Transfer steak to a chopping board and pour all of the juices from the pan over it.
- Cut the steak into 1-2 cm slices.
- To serve steak, drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with some thyme and freshly ground pepper.
Rate this recipe
You need to login