- 1 kilo beef tenderloin, cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 500 g pasta, your choice
- 100 g petimezi (grape molasses)
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 onion
- 6-8 sprigs of thyme
- 50 g walnuts
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 400 - 500 ml water
- 1 cinnamon stick
Beef Stew with Grape Molasses and Walnuts
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Heat a deep pan or a pot until it gets very hot.
- Add some olive oil and brown the meat in batches.
- Remove the meat from the pot. Add the onion and sauté until it turns golden.
- Add the grape molasses, tomatoes, thyme, salt, pepper, cinnamon stick and the meat.
- Add some water and simmer for 1 hour until the meat is tender and cooked through.
- When the meat is almost done, add the walnuts and let them simmer for a bit also.
- In the meantime boil the pasta in a pot full of salted water, following the directions on the box. Drain.
- Serve the beef stew over pasta.
This is the season that walnuts are picked off the trees and they are so fresh. They suit this dish perfectly.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by