For the pan roasted tomato
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients apart from the tomato slices.
- Mix well with a spoon and then add the tomato.
- Gently stir to coat tomato in marinade.
- Place a pan over medium to high heat and let it get very hot.
- Add the tomatoes and roast for 2-3 minutes on each side.
For the beef medallions
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Finely chop the first 5 sprigs of thyme and add them to the bowl.
- Lightly wash the beef medallions with water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Transfer to the bowl with the flour mixture and lightly dredge. Tap to remove excess flour.
- Place a nonstick pan over medium to high heat. Add some olive oil and wait for it to get very hot.
- Add the meat medallions in batches and begin to sauté.
- Add the crushed garlic, the second 5 sprigs of thyme and sauté for 2-3 minutes until they turn golden and cook through.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe down the pan and place over medium heat.
- Add the butter and sauté until it becomes a light golden brown in color.
- Add the red wine vinegar, capers, salt and pepper.
- Add the medallions, heat through and coat in sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
For the eggs
- Place a pan over medium to low heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the eggs while the pan is still cold.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Arrange the medallions on a serving plate.
- Add a slice of tomato, an egg and repeat once again.
- Drizzle with sauce and serve with fresh spinach leaves.