- 500 g beef liver
- 1 onion, dry
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100 g maize flour
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 20 g balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 3-4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 4-5 sprig(s) thyme, only the leaves
- 1 sprig(s) rosemary, only the leaves
Beef Liver with Caramelized Onions
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Wash the liver and cut into 1-2 cm slices.
- Cut the onion in half and then thinly slice.
- Thinly slice the garlic and the sun dried tomatoes.
- Dredge the slices of liver in the corn flour and tap with your hands to remove excess flour.
- Place a pan over medium to high heat. Add the olive oil and let it get hot.
- Add the liver and onions. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir with a wooden spoon, add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- Add the vinegar, honey, sun dried tomatoes and finely chopped aromatics.
- Lightly stir and remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper (sparingly since the sun dried tomatoes are salty).
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by