- 300 g sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) thyme
- 300 g pork belly, cooked
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 2 clove(s) of garlic
- 1 onion
- 200 g champignon mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili flakes
- 300 g chicken breast fillet, cooked
- 40 g tomatoes
- 200 g feta cheese
- 100 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 70 g balsamic vinegar
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 2 eggs, medium
- 800 g strained yogurt
Chicken and pork belly au gratin
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (350ο F) set to fan.
- In a 25x35 cm ovenproof baking dish lay the bread slices, drizzle with the olive oil, add salt, pepper, the thyme, and bake for 5-8 minutes until golden.
- Place a frying pan over high heat until it gets very hot. Add the pork belly and sauté for 2-3 minutes. As soon as it is nicely golden brown, remove it and add it into a bowl.
- Cut the red and the yellow bell pepper into cubes, the garlic into slices, the onion and the mushrooms into pieces.
- Place the pan back on heat and add the vegetables, salt, pepper, the cumin, and the chili flakes. Cut the chicken into small pieces, add them to the pan, and mix. Add the pork belly and mix.
- Deglaze the pan with the balsamic vinegar, add the canned tomatoes, and stir. Let the sauce come to a boil and thicken.
- Cut the tomato into slices and spread it over the bread. Add half of the feta cheese and half of the gruyere cheese.
- Transfer the whole filling over the bread and sprinkle with the remaining feta cheese and the rest of the gruyere cheese.
- In a bowl add the eggs, the yogurt, salt, pepper, and mix well. Spread over the whole surface and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by