For the pancetta
- To prepare the dry marinade, beat the coarse salt, brown sugar, garlic, star anise seeds, peppercorns, lemon rind, thyme, rosemary and a generous amount of coriander in a food processor, until all of the ingredients are ground.
- Cut the pancetta into pieces that are about 1 inch thick.
- Pour half of the marinade in container. Place the pancetta slices on top and gently press down on them with your hands. Cover with remaining marinade.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes to allow the meat to marinate. If you want thicker slices you need to let them marinate longer.
- When ready, place pancetta in a bowl full of water and rub them with your hands to remove all of the marinade.
- Dry them off with paper towels.
- Place a pan over high heat and let it get very hot.
- Add the marinated pancetta to the pan without adding any extra oil.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
For the baked potato salad
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes.
- Spread out 4 pieces of aluminum foil on a working surface.
- Place a potato in the center of each sheet of foil and prick with a fork.
- Add some fresh thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, butter, garlic and olive oil to each potato. Wrap securely in the aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until soft.
- When ready, remove from oven. Remove foil and coarsely chop them.
- Drizzle with sauce while they are still very hot.
- Sprinkle with some finely chopped fresh coriander and spring onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the sauce
- In a bowl, add the mustard and honey. Whisk until completely combined.
- Add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream while whisking continuously.
- The mixture should be quite thick. Add a little water to thin it out to your desired consistency.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste..