- 2 eggplants, medium
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 250 g ground beef, cooked, leftover
- 100 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley, finely chopped, to serve
Simple papoutsakia – Stuffed eggplants
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 200ο C (390ο F) set to fan.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise, remove the stem, and score them in a crisscross pattern with a sharp knife, without tearing the skin.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and spread them with your hands to cover the whole surface of the eggplants.
- Place them in the baking pan, with the cut side facing down.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until they are tender.
- Remove from the oven.
- Flip the eggplants over with a spoon and lightly press their flesh with the spoon to create a cavity for the ground beef to go in.
- Divide the cooked ground beef among the eggplants.
- Sprinkle with the grated gruyere cheese and bake for 5 more minutes until the cheese melts and turns golden.
- Serve with finely chopped parsley.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by