- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3 clove(s) of garlic
- 60 g olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) tarragon
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika, sweet
- 250 g sandwich bread
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 kilo ground beef
- 1 egg
- 5 eggs, boiled
- all-purpose flour, for the boiled eggs
Glazed meatloaf with mashed sweet potatoes
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan.
- Beat the bouillon cube, 1 clove of garlic and 3 tablespoons olive oil in a food processor, until the bouillon cube and garlic dissolve completely.
- Add the estragon, paprika, pepper and sandwich bread.
- Beat until the ingredients have broken down.
- Spread mixture in a baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden and crunchy.
- In the meantime, coarsely chop the carrots, the onion, peppers and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Add them to a food processor along with the remaining estragon, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Beat until the ingredients break down into small pieces but you don’t want them to become pureed.
- Place a pan over high heat and sauté the vegetable mixture for 15-20 minutes, until they caramelize nicely and their volume is reduced to 1/3 of their original volume. This method concentrates their flavor even more.
- When ready, remove from heat and set aside to cool to almost room temperature. The mixture will cool quicker if transferred to a bowl.
- In a bowl, add the vegetable mixture, the bread mixture, ground meat, egg, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Mix for 3-4 minutes, until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Spread ½ of the meat mixture in a 30x10 cm baking pan.
- Dust the boiled eggs with some flour (so that they can stick to the meat mixture and don’t break up into little pieces when you cut open the meatloaf), and place them over the meat mixture.
- Carefully add the remaining meat mixture over and around the eggs so that they are nicely padded and don’t break. Carefully press down on the meatloaf with your hands to remove any air pockets and to make it more compact.
- Turn oven temperature up to 180* C (350* F) Fan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn the meatloaf over into a 25x35 cm baking pan.
- Brush the surface with the secret sauce to glaze it.
- Turn up oven temperature again to 200* C (390* F) Fan and bake again for 15-20 minutes, until the glaze caramelizes and becomes crunchy on the bottom side also.
- When ready, remove from oven, cut into pieces and serve with sweet potato puree and secret sauce.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by