- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion, large, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 400 g champignon mushrooms
- 2 pinches granulated sugar
- 2 clove(s) of garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano, dry
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika, sweet
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 200 g water
- 200 g gruyere cheese
- 400 g sandwich bread
- 2 spring onions
- 1/3 bunch parsley
- 50 g olives, rounds
- 2 tomatoes, large
- 300 g strained yogurt
- 200 g feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
Chili con carne with bread in the oven
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Place a pan over high heat, add the olive oil and let it get hot.
- Finely chop the onion and the red pepper; quarter the mushrooms and add them to the pan.
- Sauté for 3-4 minutes and add the sugar, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Mince the garlic and add to the pan along with the tomato paste. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- To add extra aroma, add the oregano, cumin, paprika and hot red pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes to help them release their aromas.
- Add the ground beef, stir and break up the beef into pieces. Sauté until golden.
- Add the bouillon cube and water.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes. When the ground beef is ready, remove from heat.
- Add 100 g of the grated gruyere and mix until it melts.
- Brush a 25x35 cm ovenproof baking dish with olive oil.
- Rip up the bread with your hands into uneven pieces that are 2-3 cm in size and cover the bottom of the baking dish with them.
- Add the remaining 100 g of grated gruyere, salt, pepper, finely chopped spring onions, finely chopped parsley and olives. Lightly stir.
- Cut the tomatoes into round slices and place over bread.
- Spread a layer of the chili over them and spread evenly with a spoon.
- In a small bowl, add the yogurt, feta, pepper and nutmeg. Mash it down with a fork to break up the feta until the mixture is creamy.
- Spread the yogurt mixture evenly over the chili.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden.
- When ready, remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by