- Place a pan over high heat and add 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Thinly slice the onion and garlic and add them to the pan.
- Saute until the onion is nicely caramelized.
- Add the sugar and chili flakes. Stir and saute.
- Add the white wine. Stir and let it evaporate.
- Add the heavy cream.
- Stir and add the defrosted peas.
- Lower heat and simmer until the peas soften.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When ready, semi mash the peas with a potato masher.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of mint leaves. The mint leaves are a very important ingredient in this recipe.
- Transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with more finely chopped mint leaves, chili flakes and drizzle with some extra virgin Greek olive oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Rate this recipe
You need to login