Watch the video in sign language here.
You may have tried to make zucchini fritters in the past and may have been disappointed… since they may turn out heavy or oily. With this recipe, I will let you in on all the secrets to help you make the crunchiest, most aromatic, delicious fritters ever!
- Line a large bowl with a thin kitchen towel.
- Grate the zucchini on to the towel in the bowl, using the large blades of the grater.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt to help the zucchini release more moisture.
- Mix and squeeze the mixture with your hands.
- Wrap in the towel and squeeze very tightly in your hands to release as much liquid as possible.
- The less moisture the zucchini mixture has, the crunchier your fritters will become!
- Transfer from towel to a clean, dry bowl.
- Finely chop the green part of the spring onions.
- Finely chop the mint leaves, dill and basil and add them all to the bowl.
- Add the lime zest, cumin, chili flakes, crumbled feta and 2 eggs.
- Mix until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Add the flour and mix just to combine. Do not overmix.
- Place a nonstick pan over medium to high heat.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Pick up spoonfuls of the mixture and carefully add them to the hot oil. Do not crowd your pan.
- Gently press down on the patties to spread them out a little.
- Fry on both sides until nice and golden, just like pancakes!
- When ready, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels so they can drain from excess oil.
- Repeat the same process until all of your mixture has turned in to crunchy fritters.
For the sauce
- Combine the yogurt, honey, cumin, chili flakes, salt and freshly ground pepper in a bowl and your sauce is ready.
- Serve the zucchini fritters with the sauce and some lime wedges and don’t forget to sprinkle some finely chopped fresh coriander over everything!