- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 120 g all-purpose flour
- 4 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 200 g breadcrumbs, dried or panko
- 100 g parmesan, grated
- sunflower oil, for the frying
- basic tomato sauce, to serve
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, to serve
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Peel the eggplants and cut them into 2 cm pieces.
- Add the pieces into a bowl and season with the salt.
- Mix and allow 30 minutes for the eggplant pieces to sweat and remove their bitterness.
- At the same time, prepare the breading ingredients.
- Add the flour into a bowl. In a second bowl add the eggs, and in a third bowl add the breadcrumbs with the parmesan and the pepper.
- Rinse the eggplant pieces well under running water and then, pat them dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a deep frying pan by filling it 5 cm high.
- Firstly, dredge the eggplant pieces into the flour so that they are completely coated, then dip them into the eggs, and finally dredge them in the breadcrumbs’ mixture.
- Fry the eggplant pieces in batches for 4-5 minutes, until golden on all sides, and then transfer them with a slotted spoon onto a plate with kitchen paper.
- Serve with tomato sauce and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by