For the veggie skewers
- Preheat the oven to 200ο C (390ο F) set to fan and put a baking pan inside until it gets very hot.
- Cut the peppers, the mushrooms, the zucchini, and the onion into large pieces.
- Thread all the vegetables along with the cherry tomatoes alternately onto the skewers. Spread the olive oil, salt, pepper, the oregano, and the sugar.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and add the skewers. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
For the whole-wheat pita bread
- In a mixer’s bowl add the water, the yeast, the sugar, and whisk well. Add the flour, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the oregano, salt, and beat with the hook attachment at high speed for 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow about 1 hour for it to rise.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces and use some flour to roll them out with a rolling pin.
- Put one of the pitas into the pan and cook it for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through. Follow the same process for all the pitas by adding 1 teaspoon olive oil to each pita.
- Serve with yogurt, oregano, olive oil, rocket leaves, and tahini.