- 1 ½ kilos eggplants
- 5-6 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g cheese mix, grated
- 200 g ham, one piece
- 200 g feta cheese
- 600 g heavy cream, light
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon basil
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a frying pan over high heat.
- Cut the eggplants into rounds and add them into a bowl. Add salt and let them sit for 30 minutes to remove the bitterness.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the frying pan, and lay as many eggplant rounds as to cover the surface of the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, then remove and set them on a baking pan lined with paper towels.
- Follow the same process for the remaining eggplants by adding 1 tablespoon olive oil for each batch.
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (350ο F) set to fan.
- In an oval heatproof baking dish, spread a layer of the eggplants.
- Sprinkle with the 1/3 of the grated cheese mix.
- Cut the ham into pieces and spread 1/3 of it into the baking dish with the rest of the ingredients.
- With your hands, crumble 1/3 of the feta cheese over the rest of the ingredients.
- Follow the same process two more times until there are no more eggplants, cheese, ham, and feta cheese.
- In a bowl add the heavy cream, the eggs, pepper, nutmeg, a little salt, the basil finely chopped, and whisk until the eggs are dissolved.
- Pour the mixture over the souffle and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Allow 20 minutes for it to cool and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by