- 6 zucchinis, medium
- 250 g champignon mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 250 g smoked turkey, cut into 0.5 cm cubes
- 2 sprig(s) celery
- 1 onion
- 1 clove(s) of garlic
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 tablespoon(s) thyme, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) rosemary, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) oregano, fresh, finely chopped
- 250 g gruyere cheese
- 1 egg
- olive oil, for sautéing
- 400 g tomato puree
- water, enough to fill a baking pan, 1-2 cm
Greek baked stuffed zucchini
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 190* C (370* F) Fan.
- Heat a deep pan over high heat. When it gets very hot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms. Sauté until they release their liquid and brown nicely. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
- Place pan back on heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the smoked turkey and brown. Remove and transfer to bowl with mushrooms.
- Use a sharp knife to cut off the tops of the zucchini. Use a small spoon to scoop out flesh, leaving a 3-4 mm shell. Finely chop the flesh and set aside.
- Heat pan over high heat again, and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sauté the onions for 3-4 minutes. Add the celery, zucchini flesh and garlic. Continue to sauté for about 10 more minutes, until the vegetables start to wilt and decrease in volume. Then add the mushrooms and turkey and stir until heated through.
- Add the wine. As soon as it reduces, add the egg, the herbs and half the grated cheese.
- Remove from heat.
- Fill the zucchini with the filling. Spread them out in a baking pan. Add the tomato sauce and water. Sprinkle with the rest of the grated cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake for another 20 minutes. The water, tomato and cheese will cook in the oven and turn into a nice sauce.
The amount of time needed to cook the zucchini covered with aluminum, really depends on how tough or tender they are. You should be able to cut them with a just fork, easily!
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by