- 2 egg whites, from medium eggs, at room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 70 g icing sugar
- 120 g almonds, blanched
- 130 g dark chocolate couverture
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Quick and Easy Almond Chocolate Meringue Cookies
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Beat the egg whites and salt in a mixer on high speed using the whisk attachment, until you create a fluffy meringue.
- Add the vanilla and icing sugar.
- Beat for 10-15 minutes, until completely combined.
- Beat the almonds in a food processor, until they break down into small pieces. Do not finely ground.
- Add them to the mixer with the meringue.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and add them to the mixer also.
- Gently fold with a spatula to combine and transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up spoonfuls of cookie dough and drop in baking pan, using another spoon to help you.
- Repeat the same process until the cookie dough is done.
- Transfer baking pan to oven and turn the temperature off completely.
- Leave the cookies in the oven for 8-12 hours. In this way the cookies will slowly bake in the heat the oven built up while preheating. If you want to cook them faster you can bake them at 100* C (212* F) Fan for 2 hours.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by