- 2 g mastic
- 180 g granulated sugar
- orange zest, of 2 oranges
- 80 g honey
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 7 g mahlab, powder
- 320 g butter, at room temperature
- 700 g soft flour
- 3 eggs, medium
- 60 g milk
- 30 g brandy
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 egg yolk, diluted in 1 tablespoon water for egg wash
Greek Easter Cookies
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Beat the mastic and 10 g of sugar with a mortar and pestle, until finely ground.
- Transfer mixture to a mixer’s bowl and add the orange zest, 170 g sugar, honey, vanilla extract, mahlab and butter. Beat for 7-8 minutes, until mixture is combined and fluffy.
- Add 1 tablespoon of flour and the eggs, one at a time, waiting for each addition to be completely combined before adding the next.
- Add the milk and cognac. Beat on high speed until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add to mixer’s bowl and beat for a few seconds, until the mixture starts to thicken and come together to create a nice cookie dough.
- Pick up a bit of dough (about 30-35 g) and shape into cookies. It is best for all the cookies to be the same size so that they cook at the same time.
- Transfer cookies to a baking pan lined with parchment paper and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven, allow to cool and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by