- 4 egg whites
- 200 g coconut, grated
- 250 g granulated sugar
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 200 g chocolate couverture, (optional)
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 170* C (330* F) Fan.
- Combine all of the ingredients, apart from the vanilla, into a pan. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, over low heat. Stir with a spoon until all of the ingredients are completely combined, the coconut releases its aroma and the mixture becomes like a paste.
- Remove from heat. Add the vanilla. Transfer to a bowl so it can cool and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When chilled, mold into 20 g rectangular pieces (where disposable food prep gloves). Transfer to a large baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until just golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 20 minutes or refrigerate.
- If you want to coat them in chocolate, finely chop the chocolate and melt in a bain marie. Remove truffles from refrigerator and dip them in the melted chocolate.
- Place a wire rack in a baking pan. Transfer truffles on to rack.
- Serve either at room temperature or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by