- 600 g chickpeas
- 500 g spinach
- 2 onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 250 g sausage
- 1 clove(s) of garlic
- 1 sprig(s) rosemary
- 1 tablespoon(s) vinegar, white wine
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 zest, of 1 lemon
- juice, of 1 lemon
Sausage and spinach chickpea stew
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a pot with boiling water, add the chickpeas and boil them for 45 minutes.
- Five minutes before they are done, add the spinach to the pot and boil it.
- At the same time, place a frying pan over high heat.
- Quarter the onions and separate their leaves. Add them to the pan and cook without any olive oil until slightly golden.
- Cut the peppers into large pieces and add them to the pan. Cook them until slightly golden. Add the olive oil and keep sautéing.
- Cut the sausage into half-moons, finely chop the garlic, and add them to the pan. Sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the vinegar, add the honey, and mix.
- Drain the chickpeas with the spinach, add them to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and sauté.
- Remove from the heat, add the lemon zest and juice, mix, and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by