- 1 liter milk, 3,5% fat
- 250 g granulated sugar
- 2 vanilla pods
- 10 egg yolks, of medium eggs
- 2 pinches salt
- 90 g heavy cream 35%
- 20 triple chocolate chip cookies
Vanilla ice cream sandwiches
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Add the milk and 125 g sugar into a pot.
- With a small knife, cut the vanilla pods in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, and add them to the pot along with the pods.
- Transfer the pot over low heat, until the mixture comes to a boil.
- In a bowl, whisk the yolks with the remaining sugar and the salt, until they are homogenized.
- Slowly pour –you can use a ladle to do it easily– the milk mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly so it will not split.
- Transfer the mixture to the pot and boil it over low heat, stirring softly with a silicone spatula, for 3-5 minutes, until it reaches the temperature of 85o C (185o F) and starts thickening. Ideally, you should use a thermometer but, in case you don’t have one, you can check it by putting a little of the mixture on a plate and run your finger through it. If it holds a line when you do that, then it should be ready.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the heavy cream to cool the mixture faster.
- Pour the mixture into a 25x30 cm baking pan but pass it through a sieve first in order to remove the vanilla pods.
- Cover the baking pan with plastic wrap and make sure it touches the surface of the mixture to prevent a skin from forming.
- Refrigerate the baking pan for at least 6 hours – ideally for 24 hours.
- Start adding the mixture into the ice cream maker in batches, making sure that each time it does not exceed the surface of the bowl because its volume will increase a lot.
- Serve the ice cream right away or freeze it to chill more.
- The total amount of ice cream is 1.200 grams.
For the ice cream sandwiches
- Add a scoop of ice cream on a chocolate cookie and cover it with a second cookie to make a sandwich. Follow the same process with the rest of the cookies.
For the most impressive ice cream sandwiches, decorate with melted chocolate, sprinkles, fruits, caramelized nuts, or anything else you like.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by