- 120 g milk
- 120 g butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, coarse
- 140 g all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 130 g gruyere cheese, grated
Savory Pastry Puffs
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Preheat oven to 220* C (420* F) Fan.
- Add the milk, butter, salt and ½ cup water to a small pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the flour and stir until it starts to become dough-like.
- Lower the heat and continue to stir the dough with a wooden spoon for about 2 minutes, until it starts to dry out.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add an egg and mix with a hand mixer until the mixture becomes smooth. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Always being careful for each egg to become completely incorporated in the dough before adding the next one. The dough should be smooth and compact. It may not need the last egg.
- You want the dough to be soft but not runny.
- Add the cheese and mix with a spatula.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put the dough in a piping bag. Pipe out small pastry puffs about 1 cm in diameter on to the baking sheet.
- Lower the oven temperature to 190* C (370* F).
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by