Salt Dough Christmas Wreath
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
This recipe is JUST FOR DECORATION!! It is NOT edible!!
- Preheat the oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan.
- Combine the flour, salt and water in a bowl. Knead until you create a smooth and elastic dough.
- Divide it into 4 parts. The 3 parts should be equal and they will be used to create the wreath. The 4th part should be larger to create the embellishments.
- Roll out the 3 parts. Braid the dough and attach the ends to create a circle.
- Divide the 4th part into 3 equal parts and create different shapes to embellish the wreath with. You can make a heart, a star, and a Christmas tree.
- Add 1 teaspoon of your choice of food coloring to each part. Red for the heart, green for the Christmas tree and yellow for the stars.
- Roll out the dough and use a cookie cutter to cut out the shapes you want out of each piece of dough.
- You can also make some leaves, mistletoe or ribbons for the wreath.
- When the embellishments are ready to place on the wreath, brush them with a little water and stick them on.
- You can also prick the wreath with a toothpick and hang any kind of ornaments you like!
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. You want the dough to dry out as much as possible, not to necessarily cook through.
WARNING: SALT DOUGH IS NOT EDIBLE!!
Rate this recipe You need to login