- 600 g hard flour, + extra for dusting
- 400 g water
- 3 g yeast
- 12 g salt
Greek-style country bread
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Diet based on vegetables, legumes and green leaves. It excludes foods such as meat, fish, mollusks, dairy products, eggs, honey and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Sugar Free Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as SF can be made when it contains less than 0.5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 100 ml of liquid food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a mixer’s bowl add the flour, the water, the yeast, and beat with the hook attachment at medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and beat for 5 more minutes, until there is a smooth and elastic dough.
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let it rise at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Deflate the dough with your hands, shape it into a round, put it back into the bowl, and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it rise for 1 more hour.
- Repeat the deflating and rising process once more.
- Dust your working surface with a little flour and transfer the dough onto it.
- Shape the dough into a round, dust it with a little flour, and place it upside down into a bowl with parchment paper.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 250ο C (480ο F) set to fan and put a roaster pan or a pot inside to get very hot.
- Remove the roaster from the oven and put the dough in it.
- With a knife, score the bread once along the dough, cover the roaster with the lid, and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the lid, lower the oven’s temperature to 230o C (450o F), and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool on a rack.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by