These pizza boats are called Peinirli in Greece and are served in many restaurants. This one is a very filling, energizing and tasty peinirli. Try making it for breakfast!
For the dough
- Beat the salt, water, yeast and sugar in a mixer, using the hook attachment.
- Add the hard flour and whole wheat flour. Beat for 8 minutes on medium speed.
- Cover bowl with a towel. Set aside for 1-1 ½ hours, until it rises and doubles in size.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal pieces. Shape each piece of dough into a ball.
- Roll each piece of dough into an oval shape.
- Shape them into boats by squeezing the 2 ends together and lifting the sides and folding them slightly inward.
For the filling
- Coarsely chop the spinach and put it in a strainer. Add some salt and squeeze with your hands to wilt the spinach a little.
- Add the finely chopped fresh onion and dill and mix.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Mix to combine all of the ingredients and season to taste.
- Set aside until needed.
For the sauce
- Puree the cream cheese, red horn pepper (cut into chunks), salt and pepper in a food processor, to make a nice thick sauce.
- Spread the sauce in each boat of dough. Add the vegetable mixture.
- Bake for 17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add an egg to each boat.
- Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with some melted butter.