- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, + extra to grease the pan
- 1 onion
- 1 clove(s) of garlic
- 200 g bacon, whole piece
- 10 eggs, medium
- 350 g heavy cream 35%
- 2 tablespoon(s) mustard, Dijon
- 2 tablespoon(s) thyme
- 400 g bread
- 150 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 20 g parmesan cheese, grated
Croque monsieur bread pudding
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Grease a 25x35 cm baking dish and set aside until needed.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Finely chop the onion, the garlic, sauté them for 2 minutes until slightly tender, and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Cut the bacon into 1 cm cubes and sauté them for 4-5 minutes until golden.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them.
- Add the heavy cream, mustard, salt, pepper, thyme, and set the mixture aside until needed.
- Cut the bread into 2 cm cubes.
- Spread the bread into the baking dish and sprinkle with the gruyere cheese and the bacon.
- Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish, making sure that the whole bread is covered. If some of the pieces are on the surface, dip them in with your hands.
- Refrigerate the baking dish for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 160οC (320ο F) set to fan.
- Remove the baking dish from the refrigerator, sprinkle with the parmesan and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Increase the oven’s temperature to 180οC (350ο F) set to fan and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the bread pudding is golden.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and set it on a rack for 15 minutes to slightly cool.
- Cut the bread pudding into pieces and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by