- 100-150 g water, infused with basil and green apple seeds and peels (or holy water)
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of salt
- If you don’t have any holy water, fill a bowl with 100-150 g of water and add 4-5 stems of basil and the seeds and peels of 1 green apple. Let the ingredients infuse the water for 5-6 hours. Strain and it’s ready to use.
- In a bowl, add some of the holy water or infused water and as much flour as is necessary to create a nice creamy batter-like mixture. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar.
- Cover the bowl with a towel. Set aside to rest, preferably in an outdoor space for 1 day.
- The following day add 1 tablespoon of flour. If it has become too thick add some more water.
- Repeat this process for 1 week and your sourdough is ready.
Try to avoid using aluminum bowls and cookware…. Glass is always a better material to use for cooking!
Rate this recipe You need to login