- 360 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 80 g olive oil
- 200 g strained yogurt
- 100 g beer, or club soda
- herbs, optionally
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
A wonderfully delicious and easy bread to make that is made without any yeast and doesn't need any kneading! Enjoy it!
- Preheat your oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda and 1 heaping of salt.
- Stir thoroughly to make sure the baking soda is evenly distributed.
- Make a small well in the middle of the mixture and add 80 ml olive oil, the Greek strained yogurt and the dark beer. Stir until completely incorporated.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture is combined and comes together nicely.
- Line a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper. Dust your hands with some flour to knead the dough just enough to shape it into a small loaf.
- At this point you can add any of your favorite herbs or aromatics.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and score the surface with a knife..
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Then cut in to slices and serve with olive oil, olives, feta cheese and cherry tomatoes!
The baking soda is the most important ingredient in this recipe because it reacts with the acidity of the yogurt and this is what makes the bread rise.
If you do not use Greek strained yogurt, you may need to add more flour.
You can substitute 20-30% of the flour with whole-wheat flour.
You can use gluten-free flour.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by