For the quick sourdough starter
- Prepare the quick sourdough starter 1 day before making the bread.
- In a bowl, use a spoon (or your hands) to mix the flour with the yeast and the water, for 1-2 minutes, until you get a uniform mixture.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it at room temperature for 12-14 hours, until the mixture becomes triple in size and there are bubbles on its surface.
For the dough
- In a mixer’s bowl, add the flour with the yeast and slowly pour the lukewarm water while beating the ingredients with the hook attachment at medium-low speed.
- Add the salt, the sourdough starter you prepared the previous day, and beat for 1 more minute until you get a smooth, slightly sticky dough.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer.
- Lightly wet your hands and transfer the dough to a bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for 20 minutes.
- Finely chop the chocolate.
- Transfer the dough to a floured working surface and sprinkle the finely chopped chocolate over the dough’s surface.
- Lightly wet your hands and flip the dough over with circular moves, from bottom to top.
- Fold the dough 4-5 times, until the chocolate is evenly distributed into the dough and then shape it into a ball.
- Transfer the dough back to the bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise again for 20 minutes. While the dough is resting, it will spread more and more into the bowl.
- Wet your hands again and fold the dough, in the same way as before, for 2 more times.
- Let the dough rest again for 2 hours.
- Transfer the dough to your lightly floured working surface and shape it into a round loaf.
- Place the loaf on a piece of parchment paper and -along the parchment- transfer it to a small bowl so that the loaf will not spread while rising.
- Cover the bowl with a dish towel and let it rise for 1 more hour.
- Preheat the oven to 230οC (450ο F) set to fan.
- Place a pot with a lid inside the oven to get hot for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the oven, put the loaf with the parchment paper into the hot pot, seal with the lid, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the oven and transfer the loaf on a rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- Cut the bread into slices and serve, optionally, with milk.