Make your own freshly baked, homemade sandwich bread right at home!!
It’s really not difficult and it is truly so much better than store-bought bread. This is a very healthy recipe because the bread is made with olive oil and absolutely no preservatives! A very easy and quick to make recipe, that can also be made without the use of a mixer.
Wrap wtih plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Your choice of baking pans is very important.
- You will need a 10x35 cm rectangular cake pan. It’s alright if you use one that is slightly bigger but if it any smaller, the dough will overflow.
- I suggest you use 2 smaller cake pans and divide the dough between them instead of using a larger one.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dough in a bowl, apart from the all-purpose flour. Add it in batches. Use a mixer with the hook attachment or knead by hand, until you get an elastic and soft dough. If the dough is too soft and doesn’t pull back from the sides of the bowl, add another tablespoon of flour and beat or knead for another 2 minutes.
- Brush cake pan with olive oil. Transfer dough to cake pan while you can still work with it. Cover with a towel and set aside to allow it to rise. When the dough touches the towel, remove it and put pan directly into oven.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- When ready, remove bread from cake pan and allow it to cool on a wire rack.
- It’s best to store the bread in the refrigerator. This also makes it easier to cut into slices.
- Cut slices of your homemade sandwich bread. Cut the avocado, remove the pit and cut the flesh in to slices. To make a sandwich, add the avocado to the slices of bread… drizzle with some olive oil… add some ham and cheese… and heat in a grill until the bread becomes crunchy!