- 2 quinces
- juice, of 2 lemons
- 500 g granulated sugar
- 500 ml water
Greek Quince Syrup
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a pot, add the water and the juice from 1 of the lemons.
- Chop the quinces into small cubes and add them to the pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes. While they cook they will turn a pretty pink color. If the quinces are not very ripe they will release less juice and will not change color while simmering, they will just remain yellow.
- Line a strainer with some gauze and place over a bowl.
- Transfer all the contents of the pot to the strainer. Press on the quince with a spoon to release all of the juices. Then press down with your hands firmly to make sure all of the juices are released and strain into the bowl.
- Transfer the juices from the bowl into clean saucepan along with the sugar and the juice from the 2nd lemon.
- Place over heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until the sugar melts and a thick sauce has been created.
- When ready, remove from heat and transfer syrup to a jar and refrigerate to chill.
- To make a quince drink with your syrup, fill a water glass 1/3 of the way with syrup. Top of with soda water or sparkling wine and serve!
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by