Twice Baked Sausage Stuffed Potatoes
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Wash and dry potatoes.
- Pierce them with a fork in multiple areas.
- Place them in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Put in a microwave set at 800 watts for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the membrane from the sausage. Cut into pieces and beat in a blender. Transfer to a bowl.
- Carefully remove the potatoes from the microwave. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Cut each potato in half, lengthwise, with a sharp knife.
- Using a spoon remove pulp into a bowl. Leave about 1 ½ cm flesh under the skin.
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Transfer potato pulp to bowl with sausage. Add the parsley and mix together with a spoon.
- Place the potatoes in a baking pan. Use a spoon to fill them with sausage filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon mustard, 1 teaspoon ketchup, juice and grated zest from ½ a lemon, until combined.
- Add a spoonful of the mixture onto each potato. Continue baking for another 3-4 minutes.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and serve with rocket green.
- Another nice idea is for avid potato lovers, is to add a top layer of extra mashed potatoes.
- In this case, prepare some creamy mashed potatoes and add an egg and 100 g cheese. Mix to combine and transfer to a piping bag. Choose a large piping tube and pipe the mashed potatoes over the potatoes before baking them in the oven, the second time.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by