- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 100 g onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 150 g broccoli, florets
- 100 g champignon mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g pork belly, smoked
- 300 g orzo pasta, medium
- 125 g white wine
- juice, of 1/2 lemon
- 500 g stock, chicken
- 100 g milk, 3,5%
- parmesan cheese, for serving
Orzo in 15 minutes
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil into a pot, over low heat. Add the onions, garlic, broccoli and sauté until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and pancetta. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the orzo and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the wine and stir, scraping the bottom of the pot with the wooden spoon until all of the alcohol has evaporated.
- Add the lemon juice and the stock. Allow to cook for 5-6 minutes before adding the milk in batches.
- It will be ready when the orzo is al dente and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add some freshly ground pepper and remove from heat.
- Keep covered for 2-3 minutes before serving with grated parmesan cheese or cream cheese.
You can let it cook a little more if you prefer a softer orzo.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by