- 1 kilo potatoes
- 2 lemons
- 1 ½ liters of water
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh thyme or oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 75 g olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fine semolina (30 g)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- serve with chicken burgers
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Place the baking pan you choose to use in the oven.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 4 pieces or into 2-3 pieces if they are smaller.
- Score each piece with a knife in 2-3 places.
- Transfer to a pot and add the juice of 2 lemons plus the actual squeezed lemons used.
- Add salt, pepper and 1 ½ liters of water and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes, until the potatoes soften a little.
- When ready, drain, remove the lemons and allow all of the steam to evaporate from the potatoes. In this way they will release all of the moisture.
- In a bowl, add the potatoes, olive oil, thyme, whole garlic cloves, paprika, semolina, salt and pepper.
- Shake the bowl to combine all of the ingredients.
- Carefully remove the hot baking pan from the oven and immediately add the potatoes.
- Spread them out and quickly place the baking pan back into the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes every 10 minutes so that they can become golden evenly.
- When ready, remove from oven and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.