- 300 g black beluga lentils
- 1 clove(s) of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 eggs, boiled
- 1 onion
- 30 g rocket
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
Lentil and egg salad
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a pot, add the lentils, garlic and bay leaf along with enough water to completely cover them.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 20-25 minutes, until they soften. 10 minutes before they are ready, season with salt and pepper.
- When ready drain, remove the garlic and bay leaf. Set aside until needed.
- Peel the eggs and set them aside.
- Cut the eggs and the cherry tomatoes in half and the onion in thin slices.
- In a bowl or a deep dish, add the lentils, rocket, onions, pepper and vinegar. Toss.
- Place the eggs and the cherry tomatoes on top of the salad.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and serve with extra pepper.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by