- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon
- 2 tablespoon(s) tahini
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 4 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- 350 g kale
- 70 g olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) coriander, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 souvlaki pita breads
Salad with grilled kale and Greek pita bread
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a grill pan over high heat and let it get very hot.
- In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, tahini, honey, sesame oil, salt and pepper thoroughly to make the tahini dressing. Set aside until needed.
- Wash the kale and dry it by spreading it on a kitchen towel or on paper towels so that it can drain from excess water.
- Remove the central stem of each leaf and tear the leaves into smaller pieces with your hands.
- In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the kale and toss to coat.
- Grill the kale in the hot grill pan for about 1minute on each side, until the edges are crunchy.
- When ready, remove the kale from the pan.
- Cut the Greek pita bread into bite sized pieces, add them to the pan and toast until golden.
- Place the grilled kale in a serving platter and add the grilled pita bread.
- Mix, drizzle with tahini dressing and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by