Watch the video in sign language here.
For the chicken
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Place a pan over high heat and let it get very hot.
- In a bowl, add the chicken, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Toss to coat.
- Transfer chicken to hot pan and sauté until golden on all sides.
- Prepare a small baking pan that is just large enough to fit the chicken, by adding all of the sprigs of herbs on the bottom.
- When the chicken has turned golden, add the butter and let it melt.
- As soon as it starts to sizzle, transfer chicken to baking pan and lay over herbs. This way all of the aromas from the herbs will get in to the chicken as it is cooking.
- Pour the hot butter over it and bake for 15 minutes.
For the dressing
- Beat the garlic, olive oil and anchovies in a food processor, until the garlic has completely broken down.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the parmesan, lemon zest, lemon juice, mayonnaise and pepper.
- Stir and refrigerate to chill.
For the croutons
- Place a pan over heat and add the butter.
- Add the cubes of bread, garlic, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cook on both sides for about 3 minutes until golden.
- Remove from heat and set aside until the chicken is ready.
- Coarsely chop the iceberg, finely chop the parsley and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of dressing and toss.
- Cut the chicken in to pieces and add them to the salad.
- Add the parmesan flakes, some parsley and finally the croutons!