- 50 g pine nuts
- 3 slices sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- oregano, dry
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 cucumbers
- lemon juice, of 1 lemon
- lemon zest, of 1 lemon
- 50 g rocket
- 100 g goat cheese
- 1/4 bunch mint
- 60 g vinaigrette
Cucumber and zucchini summer salad
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180ο C (350* F) Set to Fan.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and toast for 2-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut the bread into 2 cm cubes and add them to a bowl with the olive oil, 1/3 of the salt, 1/3 of the pepper and the oregano. Mix.
- Spread mixture over a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden and crispy. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the zucchini and cucumbers with a peeler.
- Place them in a bowl with the lemon zest and juice, the rest of the salad, pepper and rocket.
- Mix and serve on the platter.
- Cut the feta cheese into 1 cm cubes and spread over the vegetables on the platter alongside the bread cubes (crouton) and the pine nuts.
- Decorate with mint leaves and serve with the homemade vinaigrette sauce.
- If you don’t want to serve the salad right away, cut the zucchini and cucumbers into thin slices and transfer to a bowl and cover them with plenty of water and ice.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by