For the octopus
- In a pot add the vinegar, the water, the peppercorns, the allspice berries, the bay leaves, the garlic, and the parsley stems.
- Add the tentacles into the pot.
- Cover the surface of the pot with plastic wrap and transfer it over medium heat.
- Simmer for 40-50 minutes until the octopus is tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and set it aside to cool.
- Keep 100 g of the pot’s liquids for the dressing of the salad.
- Separate the tentacles of the octopus and -optionally- cut them into 2 cm thick slices.
For the cherry tomato confit
- Preheat the oven to 130οC (270ο F) set to fan.
- Line a cake pan with parchment paper and add the cherry tomatoes in.
- Lightly crush the garlic.
- Pour the olive oil over the cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with the salt, the pepper, the garlic, the coriander, and the thyme.
- Put the cake pan in the oven and bake it for 30-40 minutes until the cherry tomatoes are tender.
- Take the pan out of the oven and set it aside until the cherry tomatoes cool inside the oil.
For the dressing
- Add the mustard into a bowl along with the stock from the octopus and the lemon juice.
- Whisk well and -at the same time- pour the olive oil in batches.
- Add some pepper and set the dressing aside until needed.
For the salad
- Cut the celery and the spring onion into thin rounds and finely chop the parsley.
- Put the vegetables into a bowl, add the octopus, the cherry tomato confit, the olives, the rocket leaves, and mix with a serving spoon.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix with the serving spoon.