- 1 1/2 kilos potatoes, medium
- 2 tablespoon(s) mustard, mild
- 200 g homemade mayonnaise
- lemon zest, of 2 lemons
- lemon juice, of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) vinegar, of white wine
- 50 g capers
- 50 g olives
- 4 spring onions
- 2 sprig(s) celery
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika, smoked
Greek potato salad
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly but do not peel.
- Place them in a pot along with a generous amount of cold water.
- Add salt and place over high heat.
- Boil for 30-40 minutes until they soften. Pierce with a fork to make sure they are done.
- When ready, drain and set them aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the mustard, mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, pepper and salt until completely combined.
- As soon as the potatoes cool, peel them and coarsely chop.
- Add the salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar. Whisk.
- Transfer the potatoes to the marinade, add capers and olive rounds.
- Finely chop the spring onions, celery and parsley.
- Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with some smoked paprika and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator. The longer you let it sit in the refrigerator, the tastier it will become!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by