For the onions:
- Combine the white wine vinegar, sugar, water, bay leaves, chili flakes and coarse salt in a medium pan. Place over medium heat and simmer until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Cut the onions in a half, lengthwise and then each half into thin slices.
- Add to the pan and stir to combine. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside at room temperature for 1 hour so the onion can cool while in the marinade. Season with salt and pepper.
For the salad:
- Light your grill or heat a grill pan over medium to high heat.
- Combine the vinegar and mustard in a bowl. Add the olive oil gradually while whisking until the dressing starts to thicken.
- Season with coarse salt and pepper. Add the 40 g of crumbled blue cheese and mix.
- Brush the iceberg wedges with olive oil and season with coarse salt and pepper.
- Grill for about 2 minutes, until the cut sides dry out. Careful not to burn them.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing and top with onions and extra blue cheese.
Rate this recipe
You need to login