- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 clove of garlic, mashed
- 2 teaspoon(s) ginger, fresh, grated
- 125 g lentils
- 750 ml stock, vegetable
- 2 tablespoon(s) mint, fresh, fileny chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) coriander, finely choppped
- juice, of 1 lime
- 150 g spinach, baby
- 200 g feta cheese, (Vonitsas if available)
Spinach Lentil and Feta Cheese Salad
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 1 minute and then add the lentils. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the vegetable stock. Simmer for 25 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed and the lentils soften. Remove froth when necessary and stir. Season to taste.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the mint and cilantro. Add the juice from 1 lime.
- Place the spinach leaves in bowls. We used frozen spinach, which we blanched for 1-2 minutes in boiling water and strained.
- Add ¼ of the lentils to each bowl. Crumble the feta cheese on top.
- Serve with fresh ground pepper.
If you soak the lentils in water for a few hours beforehand, they will cook faster!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by