- 250 g bread
- 3-4 tomatoes, medium
- 1 cucumber, small
- 1 clove of garlic, mashed
- 1 bunch mint
- 70 g olives
- 8 salt-cured anchovies, fillets
- 50 g olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) vinegar
Panzanella - Tuscan Bread Salad
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
Panzanella is a Tuscan popular summer salad made with tomatoes, cucumber, olives and more mixed with chunks of stale bread that gets soaked in the very tasty sauce!
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Cut the bread into slices that are 1 cm thick. Drizzle with some olive oil and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, just until they turn golden and slightly toasted and crunchy. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Slice the tomatoes into rounds and put them in a bowl.
- Cut the cucumber into thin slices and add to the bowl.
- Remove the pits from the olives. Cut into rounds or finely chop and add them to the bowl.
- Rinse the anchovies under running water. Add them to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar mashed garlic and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over vegetables. Add the pieces of bread, sprinkle with finely chopped parsley and toss.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by