- 250 g bread
- 80 g olive oil
- 3-4 tomatoes, medium
- 1 cucumber, small
- 70 g olives, rounds
- 8 salt-cured anchovies, fillets
- 1 tablespoon(s) vinegar
- 1 clove(s) of garlic, finely chopped
- mint leaves
Tuscan tomato and bread salad - Panzanella
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
The classic Italian summer salad! A wonderful way to use your leftover bread and enjoy summer’s juicy tomatoes!
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (350ο F) set to fan.
- Cut the bread into 1 cm thick slices and then cut the slices in half. Place them in a baking pan.
- Drizzle the slices with 30 g olive oil, sprinkle them with pepper, and bake them in the oven for 15 minutes until they are golden and crispy.
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces, the cucumber into rounds, and add them into a bowl. Add the olives.
- Rinse the anchovies well and add them to the bowl.
- In a second bowl mix the 50 g olive oil, the vinegar, the garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables, add the bread slices, and mix well with a serving spoon.
- Sprinkle with mint leaves and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by