- 2 sprig(s) spring onion, thinly sliced
- 8 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 200 g bulgur wheat
- 1/2 clove(s) of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) pine nuts
- 40-50 g feta cheese
- 150 g chestnuts, boiled and cut into small pieces
- 1 pomegranate, only the seeds
- mint, finely chopped
- oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 200 ml water
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- zest, of 1 lemon
- juice, of 1 lemon (optional)
Bulgur Salad with Chestnuts and Pomegranate
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a wok over high heat.
- Add 75 ml olive oil, until the bottom of the walk is covered.
- Add the bulgur and sauté for 4-5 minutes, while continuously stirring, until it turns golden. Be careful not to let it burn.
- When ready, remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir until the butter melts and is incorporated.
- Add the bouillon cube and water. Place wok back over heat. As soon as it comes to a boil, immediately remove from heat.
- Quickly cover wok with plastic wrap or a lid, so that it stays hot. Set it aside for 10 minutes, until the bulgur soaks up all of the liquid.
- Place a nonstick pan over medium heat. Do not add any oil.
- Add the chestnuts to the pan and dry roast them. When ready, remove the chestnuts from the pan.
- Add the pine nuts. Immediately remove pan from heat and stir.
- Thinly slice the spring onions and add them to a bowl along with the minced garlic, chopped parsley and chopped mint and oregano (or your choice of herbs).
- Add the chestnuts and pine nuts and stir to combine.
- Add the bulgur, pomegranate seeds, lemon zest, lemon juice and stir.
- Add salt, pepper and 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Toss.
- Last, grate or crumble the feta cheese over the top, drizzle with a little more extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with a little freshly ground pepper.
Rate this recipe You need to login