- 1 clove of garlic, peel on
- 4 eggplants, medium, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 lemon
- 50 g tahini
- 100 g white chocolate couverture, melted
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika, sweet
- pepper, freshly ground
- pomegranate, seeds, for garnish
- bread, toasted, for serving
Baba Ghanoush with paprika
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Set the oven to grill or broiler.
- Place the garlic and eggplants on a baking pan lined with aluminum foil, skin side up.
- Grill until they soften and are completely cooked through. It should take about 20 minutes for the garlic and 40 minutes for the eggplants.
- When ready, squeeze the garlic out of the skin and place in a bowl.
- Scoop out the flesh of the eggplants and add it to the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, tahini, white chocolate, half of the parsley, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper to a food processor.
- Process until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with the remaining parsley and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve with toasted bread of pita bread for easy dipping.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by