- 100 g butter
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 1 liter milk
- 50 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 3 egg yolks
Béchamel Sauce (Mornay sauce)
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a pot over medium heat and add the butter. Let it melt.
- Add the flour and whisk until it is absorbed by the butter and becomes a thick paste. At this point, you have a roux with which you can thicken all of your sauces.
- Add the milk in batches and whisk until the sauce thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add salt, pepper, the nutmeg, the gruyere, and whisk.
- Add the egg yolks and whisk.
- Pour the sauce over lasagna, moussaka, or any other dish that you want, bake it until golden, and serve.
Make sure the milk is warm when you add it, so that no lumps are created in the béchamel sauce!
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by