For the tartar sauce
Tartar Sauce and Fresh Cucumber Pickles
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
For the tartar sauce
- In a food processor, add the fresh cucumber pickles, capers, onion and water.
- Beat until all of the ingredients are broken down and combined but not pureed.
- Line a bowl with a clean, thin kitchen towel and transfer mixture to towel.
- Wrap mixture in towel and squeeze tightly with your hands, until as much liquid as possible is released.
- In a bowl, add 350 g mayonnaise and the strained mixture.
- Stir until incorporated.
- Add some freshly ground pepper, finely chopped parsley and the juice from 1-2 limes, depending on your preferences.
- Season to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with some more pepper and parsley.
For a healthier tartar sauce you can substitute half of the mayonnaise with Greek strained yogurt. It is delicious!
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by