- 750 g potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, coarse
- 3 clove(s) of garlic
- 175 ml olive oil
- 50 ml vinegar, of white wine
- pepper, fresh, finely sliced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 sprig(s) parsley, finely chopped
Greek potato and garlic dip - Skordalia
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Diet based on vegetables, legumes and green leaves. It excludes foods such as meat, fish, mollusks, dairy products, eggs, honey and their by-products.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos
This is a well-known Greek side dish called “Skordalia”. It is usually served with batter fried salt cod, but suits any meat or vegetable dish. Can also be served as a dip.
- Place a pot filled with water over high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coarse salt and bring to a boil.
- Chop the potatoes into small pieces and add them to the pot of boiling water.
- Boil for 15-30 minutes, until they soften. (The boiling time depends on how large the size of the pieces of potato are.)
- In a food processor, add the olive oil, garlic, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Beat until the garlic completely breaks down.
- When your potatoes are ready, and you can easily pierce them with a knife, drain and set aside for 5 minutes, to allow all of the steam to evaporate.
- After 5 minutes, immediately transfer to a bowl and mash them with a potato masher.
- Add the garlic-oil and stir to incorporate.
- Season to taste.
- Keep in mind that the more time goes by, the garlic smell becomes stronger and also, the puree becomes thicker and stiffer.
- Sprinkle with some chopped fresh onions, chopped parsley and olive oil.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by