- 4 cloves garlic
- 100 g milk or water
- 300 g bread, crust removed
- 2 lt water
- 100 g olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Homemade garlic dip with bread - Skordalia
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Cut the garlic into thin slices with a knife.
- Transfer to a saucepan and add the milk.
- Place saucepan over medium to low heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the bread and add it to a bowl.
- Add cold water and let it soak for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the bread to release the water and place in a blender.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, paprika, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain the garlic and add it to the blender. Discard the milk.
- Beat until all of the ingredients are completely combined and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Season to taste and serve.
Rate this recipe You need to login