- 4 clove(s) of garlic
- 100 g milk
- 300 g bread, crust removed
- 2 liters water
- 100 g olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) vinegar, of white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika, smoked
- lemon zest, of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
Greek garlic dip with bread - Skordalia
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Cut the garlic into thin slices with a knife.
- Transfer to a saucepan and add the milk.
- Place saucepan over medium to low heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the bread and add it to a bowl.
- Add cold water and let it soak for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the bread to release the water and place in a blender.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, paprika, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain the garlic and add it to the blender. Discard the milk.
- Beat until all of the ingredients are completely combined and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Season to taste and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by