- 2 1/2 kilos tomatoes, ripe
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 50 g apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cloves, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon, powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) mustard, dijon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) worcestershire sauce
- French fries , to serve
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Randomly cut the tomatoes and add them to a pot.
- Place the pot over medium heat and simmer for 30 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and their juices come out.
- Beat the tomatoes with an immersion blender until they are mashed up.
- Place a strainer over a clean pot. Pass the mixture through the strainer.
- Press so that all the tomato juice passes through the strainer but the seeds and the peel do not.
- Finely chop the onion and the garlic.
- Add them to the pot with the rest of the ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon and place the pot over medium heat.
- Simmer for 4 hours.
- Beat the mixture with an immersion blender and pass through a strainer so that the texture of the ketchup becomes smoother.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with french fries.
- Keep in a jar in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by