- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin Greek olive oil)
- 1 onion, small
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 250 g brown sugar
- 180 ml water
- 270 ml pineapple juice
- 100 ml teriyaki sauce
- 35 ml Jack Daniels
- juice from 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
The Secret Sauce
1 Jar (300 ml)
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a pan over medium heat and let it get very hot.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic cloves.
- Add the olive oil, onion and garlic to the pan.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes, until nicely caramelized.
- Add the sugar and let it melt. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the water, pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the mixture begins to boil and reduces to half its previous volume.
- Finally, add the Jack Daniels, lemon juice, chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the sauce thickens and takes on a syrup-like consistency.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by